Sunday, June 13, 2010

Graduation


Another huge thing that has happened in my life is that I graduated from the University of Arizona with my M.A. I stumbled across this wonderful program from a friend and co-worker about 2 years ago. The program is Orientation & Mobility which is in the field of Blind Rehabilitation. I currently work at the Arizona School for the Deaf and Blind in the Blind/Multiply Impaired residential program. So, when my friend told me about the program it sounded so doable as it was only technically a one-year program. At that time Karim was about 4 months old and I was really thinking about the future and what was going to happen next. Another selling point of the program was that it was grant funded, meaning gratos, free, cost me nada. Talk about perfect time and perfect place. So, I dived right in and took a few pre-requisite courses right away before starting the actual program...AND, here I am today! Oh how good it feels to have this accomplished...well for the most part. I still have an internship to start at the Veterans Hospital in August, but still the bulk is outta the way. Big props go to Ismo and his never ending support and being such a good papa to Kmomo! That's love!

1 comment:

  1. Cute blog. I love it! Your title is a good one. Thanks for sharing your life with us. Thanks for babysitting Anaya, too. I'll keep reading your blog.

    ReplyDelete